Calling all Book Review Bloggers and Bookstagrammers! Participate in our Book Review Blog Challenge and win a $50 Amazon Giftcard! Second prize $20 giftcard and 3 honorary mentions.
The rules are simple – between April 15th and May 18 there will be 8 prompts (words or phrases). Review a book that fits each theme and win points. The blogger with the most points wins!
Blogging is fun and so is reading! This blog challenge combines both and gives you a chance to mingle with other book lovers, while helping you push forward with your annual reading goals! 🙂 Plus, if you own a blog this is a great way to add more links, which is good SEO.
Sign up here to participate. Deadline is Apr 25th, 2020.
Rules of the challenges are posted in details here. FAQs below.
Happy Blogging! 🙂
FAQs – Frequently Asked Qs
- How long is the contest?
- The contest will run between Apr 15th, 2020 and May 18th, 2020.
- I missed the start/ first few themes. Can I participate?
- As long as you signed up before Apr 25th using this link, and posted on 3 distinct dates before May 18th, you are eligible for the contest and to win.
- You still do have to respond to the earlier posts to win more points.
- I love books, but don’t have my own blog. Can I participate?
- Having your own blog helps, even with a wordpress domain. For example, https://nirupamaprv.wordpress.com/
- You can also use your Instagram, Facebook posts or Medium.com articles to create book reviews (min 100 words).
- LinkedIn articles and Twitter posts are NOT allowed.
- For all the posts please remember to add the link of theme post (the appropriate blog post) and the hashtag #BookReviewBlogChallenge for every response. Then use your bloglink or Instagram story (or other) and post as a comment under our prompt.
- Do I have to respond to all 8 prompts?
- The minimum is one welcome post and 3 book reviews on distinct days. So technically, you qualify for the prizes even if you miss a theme.
- However, more posts = more points. $50 prize will be awarded to person with the most points. So writing more works in your favor.
- I found a book that fits the theme, but I have already reviewed the book in an earlier post. Can I reuse the post?
- If you reviewed the book for an earlier prompt in this challenge, then the book cannot be reused again.
- If you reviewed the book on your own, unrelated to this challenge, then the book is allowed. However, you do need to create a new post explaining why you chose the book. Just link to the earlier post instead of doing the review again. Cross-linking is great for SEO and Google searches!
- I don’t live in the Eastern Time Zone (US-NYC). So my post has a different date, even though it fits the time limits for posting. Is my post still eligible?
- We use the date/timestamp based on when you commented on our site, not the values on your blog. So we will be able to award you the correct points.
- I am working/studying/caregiver and can only work weekends. Is it worth participating?
- Absolutely! The challenge prompts will be added on Wednesdays and Saturdays. As long as you posted on 3 distinct days, you will qualify for the prizes.
- There are some additional points for posting within 2 days of the prompt. So you should be eligible for those bonus points if you post by Friday (for the Wednesday posts) and early for the Saturday posts.
- I am having technical difficulties commenting on your site/ posting on my site/ other . Can I email you my book review?
- Yes, email us at [email protected] . However, please note that we will assess this on a case by case basis. Repeat offenders may be disqualified for prizes at the discretion of the challenge hosts.
- If you have an instagram account or write on Medium.com, please post there as well, if possible.
- If you email us, please send your response as a Word doc ONLY. Plus, the contents should follow all other rules including hyperlinks, images and tag #BookReviewBlogChallenge.
- For all other Qs, please refer to the rules and conditions here.