- Contest Duration: Apr 15th to May 18th. Sign up here before April 25th.
- Results: May 25th at 7 pm EST.
Benefits to Participants:
- Read more books and review them.
- Mingle with other book bloggers and book lovers.
- Earn backlinks to your review site or personal blog.
- Winner – $50 Amazon e-Gift card & Digital certificate.
- Runner up – $20 Amazon e-Gift card & Digital certificate.
- Honorary Mentions – Digital Certificate.
- STEP 1: Sign up here before April 25th midnight EST. (Eastern Standard Time) Allowing few days after the challenge officially starts.
- STEP 2: Comment on the Welcome post (to be added on April 15th) with your blog link page, also before April 25th midnight EST. A dedicated post saying you are participating in the challenge will be nice, but not mandatory!
- STEP 3:
- There will be 8 “themes” or “prompts” posts during the challenge, excluding the welcome log. These will be posted every Wednesday and Saturday at 7 am EST (Eastern Standard Time). In response, please review a book which fits the theme. For example, if the prompt is “flowers” then the cover must include flowers. Or author name or protagonist name must be the name of a flower. Books on gardening or horticulture will also suffice, but since such relations are not always directly obvious, please mention why you chose the book in the review.
- Each book review must be at least 100 words long, include an image of the book, our website link as well as the challenge tag #BookReviewBlogChallenge.
- Post the book review on your blog with a link to our blog prompt, so we can match your posts and award points correctly. Post back your blog url as a comment to the under the appropriate day’s post on this site.
- Do NOT post your full review here on this blog – we only want the blog post link.
- Each book review must feature an image of the book. You are free to use your imagination to edit the cover image as you like. (This is for all the creative bookstagrammers I know! )
- Book reviews must be posted on at least 3 consecutive days before the final deadline, May 18th midnight. This is to ensure you are not churning out all the responses on the last day!
- STEP 4: All book review posts MUST be posted before May 18th at 10 pm EST. However, there must be responses on at least 3 distinct days to qualify for the prizes. So you can comment once on May 16th and once on 17th and all the other posts on 18th, to qualify for the challenge prize.
- 30 points: [One time only] Sign up and welcome log before April 25th.
- 10 points: [Per post] Comment on each book prompt with the link to your response post. Total possible points = 80.
- 50 points: [One time only] Bonus points to anyone who completes all the blog prompts.
- 05 points: [Per post] If you add your blog link on this site within 2 days of the prompt being posted. This means if you can respond by Friday midnight for Wednesday prompts and respond by Monday midnight for the Saturday prompts. Total points = 40.
- 200 points: Maximum possible score.
- Winner will be the person with the highest score.
Terms & Conditions:
- Open to book review bloggers worldwide. However, you must be willing to share your email address so we can send the e-card. Winners will be asked to share a short bio and pic after results are announced.
- The book can be physical, ebook or audiobook. Magazines are NOT allowed.
- Both fiction and non-fiction books are allowed. If reviewing a fiction book, please try not to add spoilers! 🙂
- An individual participant cannot repeat the same book for more than one prompt. However, if another participant has chosen the same book for the current prompt or used the book in an earlier post, then there are no penalties. If you have reviewed the book in an earlier blogpost (unrelated to this challenge), then please create a new post, stating why you chose this book for that day’s prompt and one thing you liked best about the book.
- You do not need to own your blog domain. Hence blogs on WordPress or other domains are allowed, for example – https://nirupamaprv.wordpress.com/ .
- Ideally blogs are preferred. However, Instagram, Medium.com and Facebook posts are also allowed, but it must follow the rules in step 3, and links must be to individual review posts, NOT to your profile page. At this time we will not allow Twitter or LinkedIn articles.
- You are NOT allowed to combine two prompts in the same post, even if you are reviewing separate books.
- Your blog need not be dedicated only to book reviews, but the responses to this challenge can only be book reviews.
- All timelines are in Eastern Standard Time.
- The owners of this site have the final judgement on all decisions about the winning entries.
- Once results are announced, all winners have 3 days to respond to claim their reward, i.e. until May 28th 10 pm EST. Delayed responses will result in forfeiture of the prize and a new winner will be chosen.
- In case of ties, additional points will be awarded on participants who commented first on this blog, not when the book review was published on the home site.