If you like Agatha Christie books or TV series “Monk” or relish CSI Miami without the gore, then you will love this series!
- Title – Sapphire Beach Cozy Mystery Collection [Volume 1]
- Author – Angela Ryan
- Books – 1) Condos & Corpses, (2) Surf, Sand and Skeletons, (3) Piers, Pliers and Problems.
I bought this series bundle during a deal from BargainBooksy. I wanted a change from my normal self help and romance novels. I am huge Agatha Christie fan but haven’t seen many authors write that type of genre in recent times. I enjoy thrillers (Daniel Silva, Robert Ludlum) but sometimes you just need a simple whodunit, without too much gore or ramifications for world chaos!
REVIEW SCORE: 5/5 *****
So glad I found this author. I loved the volume so much that I went ahead and pre-ordered the next few in the series!
The set I read has 3 consecutive books, but all the three can be read as standalone books. Think Nancy Drew or Monk TV series. A few ancillary story threads propagate forward, but you can get the context without having to read the previous books. In this case, the underlying threads are the budding romance between the heroine and a detective, as well as the heroine’s Fair Trade jewelry store.
Personally I loved that the books are set in Florida. Sun, sand and mystery – what else could a girl want on a gloomy day of quarantine! 🙂 Here is an image I took on a vacation to Miami and the Florida Keys, to pique your interest further!
Overall, I think its a great series for mystery lovers of all ages, young and old!
- Books – Any book by Agatha Christie, Nancy Drew, Dick Francis.
- Movies – Murder on the Orient Express, Jack Ryan Shadow Recruit, Shattered Glass.
- TV Series – Monk. Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries. Murder, She Wrote. Sherlock Holmes, CSI Miami without the grim violence!
- Genres – Mystery, Mystery Anthologies, Action & Adventure
Until next time, Adieu & Happy Reading!